With over 13 years of experience in intellectual property law, Alyssa C. Hicks has experience with US and foreign patent filings. Prior to joining McNeill Baur, Alyssa was a Patent Prosecution Paralegal at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP. Alyssa also spent also spent 7 years at Jones Day as a Legal Receptionist and then as a Patent Prosecution Secretary. In her current role, Alyssa assists the attorneys of McNeill Baur by:
- docketing and reporting incoming USPTO and international correspondence;
- preparing and filing PCT international applications;
- preparing and filing documents at the USPTO;
- preparing formal documents, coordinating proper legalization of documents for international filings, and communicating with foreign counsel;
- maintaining complete and accurate electronic files; and
- corresponding with clients and foreign counsel regarding deadlines and status of applications.
Alyssa earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from San Diego State University.
San Diego State University
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology