McNeill Baur was founded nearly ten years ago by a group of former big law attorneys who continue to practice high value, strategic patent prosecution and client counseling, but in a smaller firm environment. Our attorneys are nationally recognized leaders in life science patent prosecution and counseling, and the firm has been ranked for patent prosecution for multiple years.
Learn more about joining our team here.
Candidates may apply from AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NH, NY, NV, NC, OR, PA, RI, TN, UT, VA, WA, WI, and will work from their own home office.
We currently have the following opportunities available:
Patent COUNSEL, ASSOCIATE, or Patent Agent (chemistry or biology)
We have a unique opportunity for a patent attorney or agent specializing in the field of chemistry or biology. We are looking for an attorney or agent with at least 5 years relevant experience in complex patent prosecution and/or patent counseling. Candidates with prior litigation experience are encouraged to apply.
- You love science and ideally have an advanced chemistry degree, preferably a PhD, from a superior institution.
- You have a track record of performing work for innovative life science, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical corporations based in the United States.
- You have strong persuasive writing skills, deep knowledge of best practices in patent prosecution and effectively present work product orally.
- You are admitted to practice before the USPTO.
- You can support partners in multiple locations and work independently.
- We want to hear from you even if you want a part time position or are an on ramp candidate who wants to return to the workforce.
We love what we do! We work with the best and brightest innovative clients at the cutting edge of biotechnology and chemistry. This is a unique opportunity to practice law at a big firm level, while benefiting from the firm's strong commitment to reasonable work hours, family-friendly atmosphere, and respecting employee work-life balance. We are committed to equity and inclusion across race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, identity, religion, and experience.
- There is no work origination or business development requirement in this position.
- Attorneys and agents design their own work plan, including schedule and billable hour goals, in consultation with partners.
- The firm has never had a central brick-and-mortar location and instead uses advanced cloud-based networking capabilities. This eliminates commuting and allows employees to reside in the city of their choice.
- We offer a comprehensive and generous benefit program, including health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, an EAP program, a competitive salary, and a 401K plan with generous matching component.
- We provide home office equipment.
- We support professional development by providing training.
Full-time salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. We are open to part-time positions, proportionately compensated.
For agents committed to billing 1700 per year salary range: $150,000 – $210,000 per year.
For associates committed to billing 1700 per year salary range: $180,000 – $260,000 per year. For counsel committed to billing 1700 per year salary range: $250,000 – $270,000 per year.
We are committed to equity and inclusion across race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, identity, religion, and experience.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements, desired hours per year, and a portfolio listing representative US patents or published applications that you have drafted and/or prosecuted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify the human resources manager.
McNeill Baur PLLC does not accept resumes through search firms or other third parties. We only accept resumes directly from candidates who are interested in joining our firm.